March 17, 2020
Dear Curwensville Alliance Church Family,
Yesterday, the President of the United States gave federal guidance concerning the coronavirus.
As the Elders met together, we felt overwhelmed by the implications of the situation before us. But at the end of our meeting, we felt encouraged – even inspired. We pray that you may feel the same.
The President’s Words:
“…my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible. Avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people. Avoid discretionary travel. And avoid eating and drinking at bars, restaurants, and public food courts.” 
In light of this, the elders of Curwensville Alliance have made the difficult decision to cancel all gatherings until further notice. This includes public services and small group gatherings. We will review this decision on 3/30/20.
We Intend to Remain Connected, as a Body of Believers, in the Following Ways:
- Telephone Connections with Leaders:
- Small Group Leaders may connect with you to inquire how you are doing and pray for / with you.
- The Elders may connect with you to inquire how you are doing and pray for / with you.
- The Pastor may connect with you.
- Facebook for Video Stream: https://www.facebook.com/CurwensvilleAlliance
- We will be streaming video of sermons – and possibly some music for worship.
- We may add other streaming content from time to time via other means.
- Direct Link to Audio:
- You can listen to sermons and potentially other content at http://curwensvillealliance.org/podcasts/
You can subscribe to podcasts with your mobile device.
- Android: http://curwensvillealliance.org/podcasts/?feed=rss2
- The Church App:
- Email: If you attend Curwensville Alliance, you can subscribe to the e-prayerline. This will be the means whereby we communicate things like prayer requests and schedule changes. Contact the church at the phone number or the email address that follows.
If you have any needs for prayer or for other assistance, we want to help you. The Elders are available to connect with you and the Deacons and Deaconesses are available to provide assistance in many ways. Contact the church at the phone number or email address below.
We are so thankful for the faithfulness of God’s people to give to the ministry of Curwensville Alliance.
As believers, part of our worship is giving. And in this world, your church has financial obligations. You can give in two ways:
- Online Giving Link: https://curwensvillealliance.churchcenter.com/giving
- Through the US Postal System: Curwensville Alliance Church, PO BOX 113, Curwensville, PA 16833
Please note that you will need to allocate your giving to the different funds.
If you give online, the funds available include: General, Pastor’s Support, International Ministry (Great Commission Fund), B&E Support, Benevolence, and Renovation Debt Reduction.
If you need to contact the church:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 236-1876, leaving a message. Messages are checked throughout the day.
- Mail: Curwensville Alliance Church, PO BOX 113, Curwensville, PA 16833
- Updates: If you want current information, check Facebook or subscribe to Pastor Steve’s Blog at www.curwensvillealliance.org/pastorsblog.
As we concluded our meeting, one of the elders said something like this:
“I felt horrible about what we are facing – as though Satan had devised a scheme that would stop us. I felt like Satan was going to win. After talking about how we can remain connected, I realize he can’t stop us. Jesus will always win.”
Indeed, Jesus will always win. Let’s take advantage of the many ways he enables us to connect without spreading this virus.
You are in my prayers – all the time.