Welcome to Curwensville Alliance Church
We’re glad you’re here.
Curwensville Alliance Church exists to know God through Christ and worship him. We communicate his love and his word to all people, addressing cultural issues from a doctrinally pure and biblical perspective, thereby leading them into a close, growing relationship with Christ. More details on what we believe may be found at the Alliance web site.
We have a vibrant children’s ministry with a well-staffed nursery, children’s Sunday School, and Children’s Church.
You can read more about that here.
We enjoy God’s presence in several ways:
- The Traditional Sunday Morning Worship Service at 8:00 am. Both the music and the preaching style are more traditional — designed to help those who find pleasure and comfort in meaningful traditions as they grow forward in their walk with Christ.
- The Contemporary Sunday Morning Worship Service at 10:45 am. Both the music and the preaching style are contemporary — designed to bring an unchanging message to a changing world.
- The Traditional Evening Service at 6:00 pm. For those who cherish the hymns and enjoy traditional Bible study.
- Small Groups, Small Groups, Small Groups — This is where we get to know one another well. Jesus spent the bulk of his time with only a dozen men. There is something important about interaction around the word of God in smaller groups.
- Periodic social gatherings where the church body can interact on a more personal level. The early church spent much time together and grew in their faith and in numbers.
Some Key Concepts that drive Curwensville Alliance…
- Families grow best together. Therefore, activities bringing about spiritual growth will include activities where all ages enjoy time together, sharpen one another, and express care for one another.
- Anointed teaching is the catalyst for transformation in the life of the church and in the life of the individual. The teaching is to bring about life-change.
- Churches should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
- Lost people matter to God, and therefore, ought to matter to the church.
- Loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life. Ministry should be driven by love, accomplished in teams, and result in relationship building.
- The church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual gifts. Direction in ministry comes from God-given passion and call.
- Full devotion to Christ and his cause is to be normal for every believer.
- Prayer is a primary way that God desires to accomplish His purpose in and through individuals and the Church as a body.
- Doing our best honors God and inspires people.
- Churches should be led by those with leadership gifts. This includes concepts of empowering, servant leadership, thoughtful focus, strategy, and intentionality.
- Life-change happens best in small groups. This includes concepts of discipleship, vulnerability, and accountability.
Questions? Just ask!
We look forward to your being part of Curwensville Alliance Church!